Thursday, April 3, 2008

When will an American presidential candidate talk like this?

From what I know about Morgan Tsvangirai, I would say he is a man of courage. I could be totally wrong since my only real knowledge comes from wikipedia and this WSJ editorial. That WSJ article is really impressive. As an economist and someone who tries to keep up with international events, I've been following the tragedy of Robert Mugabe since he kicked out the white farmers several years ago. His Presidency in the past 10 years ago has basically been one stupid decision after another. Tsvangirai talks the talk and hopefully he has a chance to walk the walk. Unfortunately there is news today that the offices of the MDC were raided today. I'm not sure how this will turn out, but either Mugabe will step down or he needs to be assassinated and overthrown. If Tsvangirai has a chance to turn the country around, I'm convinced he'll do his best and at least has the right solutions. It will definitely be a difficult road, but as they start creeping up the Economic Freedom Lists the country might be a buy since their companies have almost no value whatsoever. However, it would take real changes in the country for it to actually be a buy (3-5 years from now).

HT: Robert Lawson

No comments: